While the flu and cold have made their way around campus, COVID-19, the coronavirus that originated in Wuhan, China, has not yet made its way to RWU or Rhode Island.
On Feb. 4, Vice President of Student Life John King sent out an all-student email entailing what steps the school has taken to mitigate coronavirus exposure.
1. Wash your hands frequently with soap and water or use an alcohol-based sanitizer
3. Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth
4. Avoid close contact with people who are sick
5. Get plenty of rest, increase fluid intake and eat a balanced meal
6. Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects or surfaces (i.e. door knobs) with a household disinfectant
7. Get your flu shot